It’s been just over a month since I joined the community of bloggers and I have been nominated for the much coveted Liebster Award 2018. I feel so privileged and honoured for the love and appreciation that I am receiving and owe it to the readers for accepting me as one of their own. I love how people here are so supportive and appreciative. I thank all my readers for all the support and motivation and hope that my posts continue to bring smiles to your faces.
Random Thoughts is the haven that I found to drag me back into the world of the living from the darkness that I was in. It reinstated my will to work towards my goals. I use it to just pour my heart out about whatever I am feeling, be it a social issue, a personal happening, or any other normal topic.
Thank you so much Cloud and Sunshine for nominating me for this award. I am so humbled that I was in your thoughts when you were assigning nominees. I would request all my followers and readers to check out her blog. She writes amazingly. Her post on feminism has absolutely changed a lot of people’s take on it and it really reflects the clarity of thought that she has as a human being. Do check it out!!
What makes me passionate about blog posting?
I have always been passionate about writing but blog posting is a recent discovery and a very positive habit that I have inculcated into my routine. I love how I get support here and appreciation for the things I write and in turn I can support others.
The blogging community is really supportive when it comes to new and active bloggers. What makes me passionate about blogging is the sheer simplicity of it. I can rant, I can vent, I can be creative with words, I can be whoever I want to be. The social media prevents it, but blogging is all about it.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I like swimming.
- I am a trained classical dancer.
- I have a soft corner for all foods, sweet, spicy, street, cuisines. 😉
- I would love the chance to travel around the world someday.
- I really don’t know where my life is headed at this point, I don’t have a plan either.
- Chocolate and ice cream are two things I can never say no to.
- I love playing pranks on people or leaving them tongue-tied.
- I almost never cry.
- I laugh very loudly and snort while doing so.
- I like having tiny little spars with my friends and cousins.
Answering the questions I have been asked
- If given the power to time-travel would you rather go into the past or the future? Give your reasons. I would like to go to the past because that is known turf and also, I’d like to relive some memories. While knowing about the future in advance will create anxiety.
- If you were to choose to be born with one disability (choose from blind, deaf and dumb) what would it be and why? I think I would prefer being deaf, so I could be immune to the verbal abuse that almost everyone faces everyday
- Have you ever watched the cloud and imagined it to form some shape? Yes! It is in fact my favourite pass time on a cloudy day or during travelling. The clouds make me feel happy for some reason.
- Which Disney character do you relate to and why? Elsa, I don’t need a man to save me. Well, my dad excluded.
- If given a second chance what would you do differently? I think I would like to plan my career differently.
- What is your idea of God and spirituality? No strong views. Just that there is something greater than us and has something planned for us.
- Which comics fan are you Marvel’s or DC’s and why? I never read comics as a child. But I enjoy the Marvel universe’s movies. Though DC’s Batman has no comparison.
- What is the story behind your blog and how did it get its name? I’ve been wanting to start a blog since 3 years but could never settle on a topic or theme. So finally, I decided to just let it be and started this blog anonymously with a mostly mundane name to get actual reviews on how I write and not the superficial ones because the people knew me, or liked my profile pic etc.
- Do you need to have a baby to feel complete and if you were unable to give birth yourself, would you rather have a baby by surrogacy or adoption? Give reasons. This question is pretty heavy at this point in my life, I’m still studying. Though I have no qualms regarding either surrogacy or even adoption. I have always wanted to adopt some underprivileged children to gift them a better future.
- Among the 7 wonders of the world which one do you find the most deserving and why? (Additionally, you could also rank them according to your choice.) According to me, the Colloseum is the most deserving. The heritage associated with it, the ruins, the culture, the history, they all play a vital part in any monument or building’s appeal.
- What does true love mean to you? True love is where you don’t have to explain, you just know. There is no truer love than the love of a mother for her children.
My nominations for the Liebster Award 2018
6 questions I would like you to answer
- If you could delete one thing from this world, what would it be?
- Given the choice, would you rather choose to fly or to read minds?
- Which place in the world appeals to you the most?
- What are your views on marriage?
- Have you ever felt helpless? Please share the incident if you feel like it.
- Severus Snape- Sinner or saint? Give reasons.
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
If you choose to accept the nomination answer my questions, remember to tag me and inform me about your post by leaving a comment here for me to have a look at your answers to my questions. Please don’t forget to nominate other bloggers to discover, connect and support the blogging community.